The hundred of Blackborne
Introduction

Sponsor

Institute of Historical Research

Publication

Author

Edward Hasted

Year published

1798

Page

220

Citation Show another format:

'The hundred of Blackborne: Introduction', The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 7 (1798), pp. 220. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=63410 Date accessed: 21 November 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

THE HUNDRED OF BLACKBORNE

IS the last of the Seven Hundreds lest undescribed, as well as the last in the Lath of Scray, lying the next north-eastward from that of Tenterden. It was antiently called likewise Blacetune.

THIS HUNDRED CONTAINS WITHIN ITS BOUNDS THE GREATEST PART OF THE PARISHES OF
1. HALDEN.
2. SHADOXHURST.
3. KENARDINGTON.
4. APLEDORE; and the whole of the parish of
5. WOODCHURCH.

And the churches of those parishes, and likewise a part of the parishes of BETHERSDEN, SMARDEN, and WAREHORNE, the churches of which are in other hundreds. One constable has jurisdiction of it.