The hundred of Calehill
Introduction

Sponsor

Institute of Historical Research

Publication

Author

Edward Hasted

Year published

1798

Page

412

Citation Show another format:

'The hundred of Calehill: Introduction', The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 7 (1798), pp. 412. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=63429 Date accessed: 30 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

THE HUNDRED OF CALEHILL

LIES the next hundred southward from that of Wye. It is written in Domesday, Calebelle,

AND CONTAINS WITHIN ITS BOUNDS THE PARISHES OF
1. CHARING.
2. EGERTON.
3. LITTLE CHART.
4. PLUCKLEY; and part of
5. WESTWELL, and
6. SMARDEN.

And The churches of those parishes; and likewise a part of the parishes of Bethersden, Great Chart, Hedcorne, Hothfield, and Lenham, the churches of which are in other hundreds. Two constables have jurisdiction over it.



<--Previous:
Parishes:
Eastwell