[f. 28] In the parish of St. Olave by the Tower
129. [1264–5] Grant by Gilbert prior and convent to German Brid (Bryd),
fishmonger, and Alice de Essex his wife of land with houses built upon it;
abutments, the land of the canons on the east and the lane called Fulelane
on the west and extending from the king's highway on the south to the land
which was formerly of Richard de Hakeney on the north; in breadth along
the king's highway 26¾ ells except for a few inches and in the middle 17½
ells and in length along the lane 57¼ ells and along the land of the canons
on the east 46½ ells; to lease, sell or assign as they wish except to Jews and
religious; rent 36s. p.a.; if they wish to lease or sell, the prior and convent
to have the preference by a bezant of 2s.; swore fealty; gersuma 5 marks;
chirograph sealed; witnesses, Thomas son of Thomas, mayor, Edward
Blund, Peter son of Anger, sheriffs.
C.A.D., ii, A 2652.
130. [List of those paying rent]: German Bryd who granted part of this land
to Henry Bru(n)ton and Imania his wife [See also after 131] as appears by
the following charter.
131. Grant by German Bryd, citizen and fishmonger, and Lucy his wife to
Henry Bruton, tailor, and Ymania his wife of a certain messuage with
appurtenances in the parish of St. Olave; abutments, the land of Holy
Trinity on the east and tenement of German and Lucy in which they live
on the west and extending from the king's highway on the south to the
garden of the grantors on the north; in width along the king's highway
5 ells and at the north end 6¾ ells and in length from the south to the north
26¼ ells; also grant to Henry and Ymania a certain part of a sewer built on
(super) the tenement in which the grantors live, 1¾ ells long, on condition
that Henry and Imania, their heirs and assigns, shall bear yearly one third
of the maintenance, repair and renewal (emendacionem) of the sewer;
[f. 28v] to lease as they wish except to Jews and religious; rent 8s. p.a.;
gersuma 6s. 8d.; duplicate charter sealed; witnesses, Ralph de Sandwich, kt.,
warden of London, Walter le Wythe, John Wade, sheriffs, William de
Herford, alderman of this ward, (fn. 1) Richard de Derby, clerk; dated 24 Aug.
130 contd. German Bryd paid 28s. and Henry Bruton paid 8s.: after
German, those paying 28s.; Edmund Marney, 1 Ed. II; William de Hertyng,
I Ed. III; John Kyngiston, 30 Ed. III from whom Prior Nicholas recovered
the tenement [See also after 133] as appears by the following plea.
132. Common plea held in the Husting, Mon. 4 Nov. 1359.
The prior of Holy Trinity complains that John de Kyngeston owes him 56s.
being two years in arrears with his rent of 28s. p.a. before the day of the
suing out of the writ, 18 Feb. 1359; the messuage could not be distrained
upon for a year and a day as gavelet according to the custom of the City;
John summoned three times, essoined once and still he did not come;
messuage with its appurtenances seized etc. John summoned to be at the
next court of Common pleas, Mon. 18 Nov. 1359; the prior, by Alan
Horwode his attorney, present against John; John de Chichestre one of the
sheriffs by Robert Cone, his clerk, testifies that on Thurs. 14 Nov. he
seized the messuage by the view of J. Ha(u)ekyn, Walter Strangray,
William Wordon [f. 29] and John atte Wall, capper; John de Kyngeston
summoned by J. Ferthyng and J. Cobbe to be at the next court but he did
not come; the prior recovered the messuage against John de Kyngeston to
hold for a year and a day as gavelet.
133. Common plea held in the Husting, Mon. 1 Feb. 1361.
At the Husting of Common pleas held 34 Ed. III Walter de Berneye, one of
the sheriffs, was ordered to warn John de Kyngeston to be present this day
to say why judgment of shartford (fn. 2) should not be passed against him concerning a messuage which he ought to return to the prior of Holy Trinity;
which prior had recovered it by a writ of gavelet on 18 Nov. 1359; the sheriff
by Robert Cone, his clerk, testifies that John was warned by J. atte Wall,
capper, and William de Wymondyswold to be here at this day; the def. did
not come; the prior recovers the messuage etc. to hold as shartford; John
130 contd. After Henry Bruton those paying 8s.; Emma his widow, I Ed. II
who granted the tenement to Ralph Henteston, as appears in their charter (fn. 3)
enrolled 10 Ed. II; William Breklesworth, 14 Ed. III; William Wymonyswold, 32 Ed. III; wardens of the church of St. Olave, 34 Ed. III; Ralph
Burwell, 8 Ric. II.
134. [1267–8] Grant by Gilbert prior and convent to John le Waffrer of land
with houses built upon it; abutments, the land and houses formerly of
Richard Hakeney on the east, on those of the prior and convent, formerly
[f. 29v] of Stacius de Gardino, clerk, on the west and extending from the
king's highway to the former garden of Richard Hakeney; rent 9s. p.a.;
the grantee is not to destroy the houses but to repair and maintain them;
if John or his heirs wish to lease or sell, the prior and convent to have the
preference by a bezant of 2s.; swore fealty; gersuma 10s.; chirograph
sealed; witnesses, John Adrian, Luke de Batingcourt, sheriffs.
C.A.D., ii, A 2674.
135. [List of those paying rent]: John Waffrer; John de Stratteford, 1 and 5
Ed. II; afterwards the Crutched Friars (fratres sancte Cruris).
136. [1170–97] Lease by Stephen prior and convent to Edward son of
Robert the Cook of land which his father held of them for 2s. 8d. p.a.; rent
2s. p.a.; swore fealty; gersuma 1s.; witnesses, Gregory the chaplain,
Alexander the deacon, Ailward the Baker, Richerus de Sartino, Hugh the
clerk, Gilbert the Cook, Gilbert Foliot, cook, Richard de Bemtona, William
de Infirmorio and others.
137. [List of those paying rent]: Edward son of Robert the Cook, then the
land was divided for Goetha wife of Robert paid 1s. for her part and Brian
Bagger paid 1s. for the other part: [f. 30] after Goetha; Thomas Black
(Niger) alias Jurdan: after Brian Bagger; John son of Goodhier; Richard
Murer after whose death the tenement came to Thomas Jurdan: after
Thomas Jurdan paying 2s.; Geoffrey de Fonte; Reginald de Cobham,
1 and 19 Ed. II and 1 Ed. III; William Stanford, 14 Ed. III (fn. 4) and the tenement is situated between the garden of the earl of March, which was once
of John Sendale, clerk, on the north and the land belonging to the church
of St. Dunstan on the east by the bequest of John Maykyn which was once
of Richard Carleton, on the west.
138. Grant by John Colvell to Richard Carleton of a tenement in the parish
of St. Olave; abutments, the tenement and garden once of William de
Staneford on the north and the tenement of the New Hospital of St. Mary
without Bisshopisgate as appears in their charter (fn. 5) enrolled 15 Oct. 1352.
139. [1250–8] Grant by John Renger son of Richard Renger to John prior
and convent of a quit rent of 20d. from a house which was of Godfrey le
140. Grant by John Renger of other quit rents; a rent of 15s. 4d. p.a. made
up as follows: 40d. from the tenement with houses of Gervase le Capeler,
20d. from the house that was of Godfrey le Wanter, 20d. from the house of
Roger le Pes(c)ur and 8s. 8d. of rent which the canons were accustomed to
pay him from a tenement which they held of John; [f. 30v] canons to pay
for him and his heirs 6d. at the king's socage on the vigil of Easter; gersuma
11 marks; sealed Aug. 1252, Adam de Basing then mayor.
C.A.D., ii, A 2400.
141. [List of those paying rent]: for the house of Godfrey le Wanter,
Richard the Saddler (Cellarius).
142. [1222–8] Grant of Richard prior and convent to Agnes daughter of
William of all land which Robert Cristemasse her husband held; abutments,
the land of Richard the Saddler (Sellarius) on the south and the land of John
Cheke on the north, in breadth along the king's highway 11¼ ells and at the
south end 57½ ells; rent 1s. 4d.; not to pledge to Jews or to another
religious house, if she wishes to sell, the prior and convent to have the
preference by 1s.; swore fealty; gersuma 2s.; witnesses, John de St. George,
Constantinus, chaplains, John Travers.
C.A.D., ii, A 2395.
143. [List of those paying rent]: Agnes daughter of William; Robert
Coringham who bequeathed the said tenement to Adam his famulus as
appears in his testament (fn. 6) enrolled 14 Ed. I.
144. Bequest of quit rents: Gilbert de la March, Ralph le Tanner and
German the clerk, executors of the testament of Robert de Coringham,
citizen, by authority of the testament (fn. 7) legally proved in full Husting Mon.
25 Mar. 1286, assigned to William prior and convent 2s p.a. quit rents
[f. 31] which Robert bequeathed as a pittance for the canons, from land and
houses built thereon held in a place which is called Cristemasselond;
sealed; witnesses, Ralph de Sandwich, warden of the City, Thomas Cros,
Walter Hawteyn, sheriffs, William de Hereford, alderman of the ward,
William de Suffolchia, Richard le Poter, ?Humphrey le Poter, Thomas the
Tailor (Cissor), Michael Unctor; dated 11 Apr. 1287.
145. [List of those paying rent of 3s. 4d.]: Adam; William Coryngeham son
of Robert who granted the tenement to William Bernerd, (fn. 8) as appears in a
charter of 20 Ed. I and who paid 1 and 5 Ed. II; John Colwell.
146. [1254–5] Grant of John prior and convent to Robert (de) Coringham
of land, viz. a piece of land being the corner (angulum) which lies between
London Wall on the east and the king's highway on the west; rent 1s. p.a.;
gersuma ½ mark; swore fealty; chirograph sealed; witnesses, Ralph Hardel,
mayor, Henry de Walerunt, Stephen de Ostregate, sheriffs.
C.A.D., ii, A 2401.
147. [List of those paying rent]: as in 145.
148. [1170–97] Lease of Stephen prior and convent to Bryan the Merchant
(Mercator) of a tenement which Thomas the Saddler held of them; rent
1s. 4d. p.a.; [f. 31v] swore fealty; gersuma 3s.; witnesses, William the chaplain
of the Bailey (de balio), Robert [ ], (fn. 9) chaplain, Roger the chaplain of St.
149. [List of those paying rent]: Brian; afterwards Thomas the Saddler;
Robert Christemasse; Robert Coryngeham; Agnes Coryngeham; John
150. [1222–32] Grant of Richard prior and convent of land to Ralph the
Capper (Capellarius); abutments, the land of Holy Trinity on the south and
land of Richard the Saddler on the north; in width at the south end 47 ells
and at the north end 41½ ells and in the middle 44¼ ells and in length 62
ells; rent 8s. p.a.; not to sell to Jews; the prior and convent to have the
preference by a bezant of 2s.; swore fealty; gersuma 20s.; witnesses,
Gilbert son of Fulk, alderman, and others.
C.A.D., ii, A 2651.
151. [List of those paying rent]: Ralph the Capper; Geoffrey de Santon or
Shanketon; Richard de Shanketon, barber, who granted the said tenement
with part of the land leased to Brian the Merchant, to William Bernard
paying therefrom to Holy Trinity, 8s. 6½d. as appears in their charter made
18 Ed. I, Ralph de Sandwich then warden of London; (fn. 10) William Bernard, 1
and 5 Ed. II; John Colewell, paid 15s. 4d., 18 Ed. II as appears by the
poundage viz. 8s. for land leased to Ralph the Capper and 1s. 4d. for land
granted to Brian the Merchant and 1s. 8d. from the gift of John Renger,
1s. 4d. for the land granted to Agnes daughter of William, 1s. for the land
leased to Robert Corngeham [sic] and 2s. for the same lands by the will (fn. 11) of
the said Robert; John Colwell, 1 Ed. III; William Bristowe, 30 Ed. III;
Robert Salesby, 35 Ed. III; Idonea Salesby, 44 Ed. III; Geoffrey Puppe, 4
Ric. II; John Gravesend, 10 Hy. IV; now [1425–7] William Cro(m)er.
152. [f. 32] [1170–97] Lease of Stephen prior and convent to Robert the
Saddler and Alice his wife of land which Thomas the Saddler bought of
Adam the clerk; rent 4d. p.a.; and to the king, ½d.; to pay rent without
miskenning; swore fealty; gersuma 1s.; witnesses, Benet the deacon, Ralph
the deacon, Theobald the alderman.
153. [List of those paying rent]: Robert the Saddler; Richard the Saddler;
John Gilberd; Richard le Barber; Roger le Barber; Thomas Sely, 5 and 9
Ed. II and 1 Ed. III; Nicholas Bole, 30 Ed. III; John Sely, 44 Ed. III and 8
Ric. II; Henry Talbot, 10 Hy. IV and 4 Hy. V.
154.  Grant by Nicholas de Gippeswich, clerk, to John prior and
convent of a quit rent of 1s. 6d. p.a. which Ingolf (Ingulphus) the Baker was
accustomed to pay to him from land and houses which he held of him in
Wondero(v)elane; the canons to pay to grantor and his heirs ½d. or 1 lb. of
cumin; [f. 32v] the canons gave 1 silver mark; witnesses, William son of
Richard, mayor, Henry de Coventre, Adam Brounyng.
C.A.D., ii, A 2656.
155. [List of those paying quit rent]: Ingolf the Baker; Geoffrey Santon;
Henry Bockyng, carpenter; Agnes Boton(er); William Wysset who granted
this tenement to Richard Glouceter paying 1s. 6d. as appears by their
charter (fn. 12) enrolled 35 Ed. I; the abbot of Lyleshull as appears by the following plea.
156. Common plea held in the Husting, Mon. 16 Nov. 1360.
Holy Trinity took naam from his free tenement in the parish of St. Olave in
Tower ward to the value of 10s. etc. until a pledge had been given to Walter
de Bernere, sheriff etc. The prior by Alan de Horewode attorney came and
said the distresses were lawful etc. 12s. due to the prior for the rent eight
years in arrears; the abbot by Thomas Newport attorney came and could
not deny it; the prior held his naam and the abbot in mercy.
157. [1170–97] Lease by Stephen prior and convent to Edulf brother of
Walter the Hosier of land which Ralph his brother held before him; rent 5s.
p.a.; to pay rent duly (sine male ingenio et calumpnia); to have the aforesaid
land with a lodging house upon it (terram herebergatum per convencionem);
gersuma 1 lb. of pepper; witnesses, Jordan son of Seth, Geoffrey Glov(eru)s,
Richard de Averhill, Ralph the Capper, Henry the Tanner.
C.A.D., iv, A 7274.
158. [f. 33] [List of those paying rent]: Edulf Hosier; (fn. 13) William Sabern; (fn. 13)
Robert de Turri; afterwards the Crutched Friars.
159. [1250–8] Grant by John Renger to John prior and convent of a quit
rent of 1s. 8d. p.a. from the gift of Roger le Pestur.
160. [List of those paying rent]: Roger le Pestur; Adam de Mallyng; afterwards the Crutched Friars.
161. [1222–32] Grant by Reginald de Mallyng to Richard prior and convent
of a quit rent of 10s. p.a. from three tenements which Richard Swetenote,
Constantine the Capper and William Cristemasse held of him; attorns the
same tenants to pay 10s. p.a. to the prior and convent paying therefrom to
Richard son of William son of Renger 15s. 8d.; Richard and his heirs
warrant the rent in perpetuity to the prior and convent according to the law
of the City; the prior and convent gave for the sale etc. 24s. sterling; witness,
Gilbert son of Fulk, alderman.
C.A.D., ii, A 2673.
162. Remission by John son of Richard Renger of 15s. 8d. and thus the rent
was divided and R. Swetenote paid 3s. p.a., Constantine the Capper 4s.
p.a. and William Cristemasse 3s. p.a.
163. [List of those paying quit rent]: after Richard Swetenote; William
the Carpenter; afterwards the Crutched Friars: after Constantine the
Capper; Stephen de Eldyng; afterwards the Crutched Friars.
164. Note that the Crutched Friars paid 5s. p.a. for a tenement once of
Robert de Turry; 1s. 8d. p.a. for a tenement once of Adam de Mallyng; 3s.
p.a. for the tenement of William the Carpenter and 3s. p.a. for a tenement
of Stephen de Eldyng and this total sum appears in a composition made
between them and Holy Trinity.
165. Composition made between Richard de Wymbisch, prior, and convent
of Holy Trinity of the one party and Adam, prior, and the brethren of the
Crutched Friars of the other party, that since the Crutched Friars hold a
tenement in the parish of St. Olave by the Tower by rent service of 13s. 8d.
p.a. within which the friars' church is to stand and also a cemetery, the
which tenement extends along the king's highway on the north from the
tenement [f. 33v] of John Priour to that of Constance de Stratford and on
the south from the tenement of the abbot of Lilleshall to that of Roger
Frowyk and at the east and west ends from the highway to the same abbot's
holding, which church as yet undedicated measured in length, 26¼ ells and
in width 9¼ ells and the cemetery, as yet unconsecrated 25 ells in length on
the south and 18 ells on the north and 16 ells in width on the east and 14
ells on the west. As the Crutched Friars intend to have the church dedicated
and the cemetery consecrated, they will and grant expressly that no prejudice shall be caused to Holy Trinity in respect of the rent which they agree
to pay and that Holy Trinity shall be allowed to distrain for the same, if it
is in arrears. Moreover the Crutched Friars grant that they will cause no
obstruction to the path or means of entry and exit to prevent the prior and
convent from freely entering to obtain the rent notwithstanding any legal
pleas. Because Holy Trinity might be impeded by the dedication of the
church and the consecration of the cemetery, the Crutched Friars grant
that if this is so, then the official of the archdeacon of London for the time
being to whom they willingly submit, faith having been pledged on the foregoing, shall, upon the oath of the proctor of Holy Trinity alone, compel
them to pay the 13s. 8d. as often as it is in arrears by pronouncing sentence
of major excommunication against the prior and of interdict against the
church. Chirograph sealed; dated 1 Mar. 1319.
For Latin text, see Appendix.
C.A.D., ii, A 2666.
166. [List of those paying rent]: 3s. for William Cristemasse; his widow;
Jordan de Capella; John de Stratteford; Constance de Stratteford; afterwards the Crutched Friars.
167. [f. 34] [1222–32] Grant by Reginald de Mallying to Richard prior and
convent of a quit rent of 3s. p.a. which William Asseford (de Asseford) paid
him from certain land with houses in the parish next the land of William
Cristemasse on the east; payment to Richard son of William son of
Renger, the chief lord or his successors 2s. p.a.; gersuma ½ mark of silver;
witness, Gilbert son of Fulk, alderman.
168. [List of those paying rent]: William de Asshford; his widow; William
de Burgundia; Adam le Messager and Zarilda his wife, daughter and heir
of William Burgoyn, who granted the tenement to Adam Hutman, as
appears by their charter (fn. 14) enrolled 27 Ed. I; afterwards the Crutched Friars,
18 Ed. II.
169.  Grant by John son of Richard Renger to John prior and convent
of a quit rent of 3s. 4d. p.a. from the house of Gervase le Capeler in the
same parish as appears in the twelfth charter. (fn. 15)
170. [List of those paying rent]: Gervase le Capeler; Geoffrey de Sanctona;
Henry de Bockyng; Agnes le Botoner; Ralph Brumle and afterwards the
171. [1197–1221] Grant of Peter prior and convent to Alfred Bochere (le
Bochier) of land held immediately before him by John Herliyn; rent 1s.
p.a.; swore fealty; width in front along the street 6½ ells and in depth 30½
ells; if the grantee wishes to pledge or sell, the prior and convent to have the
preference by a bezant; gersuma 1s.; witnesses, John de Ballio, heob'
[?haberdasher], alderman, Geoffrey Blundus, Geoffrey, junior (Iuvenis),
Hamon Capell, Peter Capell, Roger Chose, Robert Capell, Alexander Bald,
Ralph Carpenter, Ralph de Mend, Richard de Beni(t) and Helia, cooks,
?Hugh and Gervase, 'pistoribus', Gervase Cordwainer, Turg(und), servant
and many others.
C.A.D., iv, A 7840.
172. [f. 34v] [List of those paying rent]: appearing in an ancient rental with the
letter 'B' and in all following rentals: Alfred Bosier; Ralph Burel and then
the land was divided for John Burel paid 6d. and Peter paid 6d.; and these
paid 6d. after Peter Coffyn; Geoffrey Boys; John Chykewelle, 1 Ed. II: and
these paid 6d. after John Burel; Henry Orpedeman; Roger Marchall,
smith, 1 Ed. II; Henry Wymund, 1 and 6 Ed. III; his sister, 30 Ed. III;
Richard Kyng, 35 Ed. III; Alan Russell, 8 Ric. II and afterwards the
Crutched Friars, and the tenement is situated on the south side of the street
between the tenement of the canons of the New Hospital outside Bishopsgate on the east and the tenement of the nuns of St. Helen on the west.
173. [1271–2] Grant by Richard Capeler and Sibyl his wife to Eustace prior
and convent of 8s. p.a. of quit rent from the tenement which Henry (fn. 16) between that tenement and Marthelane next the land of Benet de Hakeneye;
if the rent is not paid the canons and their successors to be able to distrain;
for the lease the canons gave 6 marks; witnesses, Walter Hervi, mayor,
Richard de Paris and John de Bodele, sheriffs.
174. [List of those paying quit rent]: Richard le Capelere, 45 Hy. III;
Martin Box who divided the tenement between his two daughters, Elena,
paying 4s. p.a. for four shops and [blank] his daughter, wife of Nicholas de
Bononia, the other part of the tenement, as appears in the will (fn. 17) of the said
Martin enrolled 29 Ed. I: and these paid 4s. after Elena; John Reneshale, 1
Ed. III; Henry Wymond, 6 Ed. III; Henry Pykard, 30 Ed. III; his widow,
36 Ed. III; John Pykard, 8 Ric. II: and these paid 4s. [f. 35] after [blank] the
other daughter, wife of Nicholas de Bononia; Richard Colle, 1 Ed. III;
Richard Horwode, 6 and 49 Ed. III and throughout Ric. II until 5 Hy. IV;
Thomas Colshill, 1 and 5 Hy. V; his widow, 7 Hy. V.
175. Bequest by William Hynelond, rector of St. Olave, to Eustace Glaston(bury) and other parishioners and their successors for ever of all his
tenements and appurtenances once of Benet Hakeneye which he had by
gift of Henry Petipas, 'stokfisshmongere', that they and their successors
shall hold the day of his anniversary in the church of Holy Trinity where
his body lies buried, (fn. 18) as appears in the testament which follows, proved in
the Husting (fn. 19) Mon. 22 Nov. 1372, bequeathing to Eustace, William
Whetele and John atte Walle, the tenements for the object above-stated and
to cause fifteen masses to be celebrated on the day of his anniversary for his
soul, to distribute 2s. 6d. to the poor on that day, to spend 6d. on a peal of
bells (pro clasico), 1s. for the dirge, 1s. in lights and 11d. for the saying of
the psalter and all profits from the tenements, beyond the amount necessary
for the reasonable maintenance of the property and above charges, to
be devoted to the use of the nave (usui corporis) of St. Olave and to the
improvement and maintenance of the books and ornaments of the said
church and if the legatees or their successors fail in fulfilling the abovementioned duties or cease to observe the testator's anniversary for one
whole year then the tenements to revert to the prior and convent of Holy
Trinity to celebrate masses for his soul and under the terms of this will the
parishioners pay 2s. 6d. p.a. dated 24 Dec. [?1372].
176. [List of those paying for legatees]: John Curteis, 20 Ric. II; Thomas
Colshill, 1 Hy. V; his widow, 6 Hy. V.
177. Note: William Hynelond was admitted to the freedom of the city of
London in the time of Richard Lac, mayor, and Thomas de Maryns,
chamberlain, and it is enrolled in a green book (in viridi papiro) of payments for freedom, Mon. 25 Sep. 1346.
178. [f. 35v] [?1190–1215] Grant by Juliana formerly wife of Alan Balon (de
Balon) for the salvation of the soul of Alan and of her own soul, to the
canons of Holy Trinity of 1s. p.a. of quit rent which Ralph Burel was
accustomed to pay from a certain piece of land with houses in Marthelane;
abutments, the land of Turb(er)nus Arcon(er)us on the north and land of
Peter the Tiler (Coopertoris); for the gift the canons gave 6s.; witnesses,
Peter Blundus, alderman, Robert de Turry.
C.A.D., iv, A 7354.
179. [List of those paying quit rent]: Ralph Burel; William Burel; Benet de
Hakeneye; Cecily de la More, 5 Ed. II; Walter the Capper (le Hurere), 19
Ed. II and 5 Ed. III; his widow, 6 Ed. III; John atte Harpe, 20 Ed. III; his
widow, 30 Ed. III; Thomas Cressingham, 40 Ed. III and 8 Ric. II; Edmund
Olivere, 19 Ric. II and 1 Hy. IV; his widow, 12 Hy. IV; Robert Arnold, 3
Hy. V and the tenement is situated on the west side of Martlane between
the tenement of Robert Arnold on the north and [blank].
180. Total of this parish £3 9s. 4d. and yet it is tithed at £5 1s. 10½d. in the