[f. 54v] In the parish of St. Margaret Southwerk
276. Grant by Adam le Trehur and Alice his wife, daughter of Henry
Martyn, in free alms of a quit rent of 6s. p.a. from land and houses built
thereon once of Matilda daughter of Benet son of Luke and mother of
Alice; sealed; witnesses, Geoffrey Northman, bailiff of Suwerk, Reginald
the Forester; dated June 1273.
277. Quitclaim of Alice widow of Adam le Trehur releasing all her right in
the above rent to William prior and convent which the prior received from
a tenement which Stephen Abbot held in the parish which rent he had by
the gift of Adam le Trehur; for this quitclaim prior and convent gave
2 marks sterling; sealed; witnesses, William Wynnok, John Moun(er);
dated at Suthwark 28 June 1293.
278. [List of those paying quit rent]: Adam le Trehur; Stephen Abbot;
John Milward, 1 and 19 Ed. II and 1 Ed. III; Robert de Staunford, 13
Ed. III; (fn. 1) John Plumer, 31 Ed. III; John Thoursway, 39 Ed. III; Robert
Ryffyn, 46 Ed. III; his widow, 1 and 3 Ric. II; now [1425–7] St. Thomas's
Margin: Nota quod istud tenementum est modo hospicium et habet pro signo
279. Total of this parish 6s.
||Inserted above the line: "as appears in a little book (quaternum) with letter 'A'
f. 29 Kalendari primi."