[f. 106] In the parish of Aldermarychyrch
545. [1214–16] Grant of William Cal(m)erar (Ca(m)er), son of Jordan
Camer to John Ta(u)ers (fn. 1) of land in the parish of St. Mary Aldermarychirch
between the land of William Sputyng on the east and Cordwainer street
(vicus de corueria) on the west and between the street on the south and the
land which is of the fee of the hospital of St. Giles on the north; to hold in
fee; rent 1 mark p.a.; William and his heirs in no way to deprive (dehospitari)
John of the said land; gersuma 12 marks; witnesses, Serlo the Mercer,
Henry de St. Albans.
546. [1214–26] Grant by William the Chamberlain (Camerarius) son of
Jordan to Holy Trinity in free alms of 1 mark of rent which John Ta(u)ers
pays to the grantor from a tenement; [the abutments as in 545]; to hold in
perpetuity for pittances on the anniversary of the grantor's death; sealed;
witnesses, Reginald and W. chaplains of Henry de Castell, Eustace the
C.A.D., ii, A 1877.
547. [List of those paying quit rent]: John Tra(v)ers to whom Richard prior
and convent remitted 6s. 8d. [See also after 549].
548. [1225–6] Release by Richard prior and convent to John T(r)avers of
1 mark of rent which William son of Jordan Cam(er) gave to Holy Trinity
in the parish of St. Mary Aldermarie of the fee of Hamon the Butler
(Pincerne); rent ½ mark p.a.; gersuma 2 marks; witnesses, Richard Renger,
mayor, Roger le Duc, Martin son of William.
549. [1235–6] Recognisance of Margery daughter of John Travers that she
owes to Richard prior and convent ½ mark p.a. of rent from land; [abutments as in 545]; [f. 106v] if Margery and her heirs do not pay the rent, they
shall give by way of penalty ½ mark; this convention to last as long as the
land shall be built upon (hospitata) and the canons shall have the right of
distraint; sealed; witnesses, Andrew Bokerel, mayor, Gerard Bat, Robert
547 contd. Margery Travers; Nicholas de Winchester (Wynton), 1 Ed. II;
Richard Constantyn, 19 Ed. II and 1 Ed. III; John Constantyn, 30 Ed. III;
John Pech(am), 48 Ed. III; John Costantyn, 8 Ric. II [33 lines blank].
550. Total of this parish 6s. 8d. and it is tithed at this in the king's exemplification.