Hempshill

Sponsor

Institute of Historical Research

Publication

Author

John Throsby

Year published

1790

Page

250

Citation Show another format:

'Hempshill', Thoroton's History of Nottinghamshire: volume 2: Republished with large additions by John Throsby (1790), pp. 250. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=76843 Date accessed: 30 August 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

HEMPSHILL, HEMDESHULL, Doomsd. HAMSELL.

In Hamsell Soc to Hochenale were six bovat for the Geld. (fn. 1) The Land one car. There were two sochm. two vill. two bord. having two car. and four acres of small wood. This soc lay in Bulwell, and Watenot, and was William Peverells.

Some little of this belonged to Greyseley, and some to other places, but the most considerable part was Strelleys, as in that place may be seen; in the division it was Sacheverells; afterwards the family of Ascough had it by purchase; and it at length descended to Jane, the daughter of Sir Roger Ascough, (his son and grandson failing) who was the second wife of Gervas Rosell of Radcliff, Esquire, who left it to her daughters and heirs Elizabeth, Katherin, and Mary.

There is another House, and some grounds belonging to it, which was the Willughbyes of Wollaton, and is now the inheritance of —Shepheard.

[Throsby] Hempshill

contains two or three houses. It belongs now to Lord Wentworth.

Footnotes

1 Lib. Dooms.


<--Previous:
Kymberley
Next:-->
Aldesworth