1. Katherine, widow of Robert Morell, by Geoffrey, her
husband, her attorney, and Martin de Capella. The dower
of the said Katherine, of the gift of the said Robert, in
Twiford. Martin gives to Katherine the rent which Roger (?)
Palmer, Walter his brother, Ailward Stoker, Ailwin Phede,
. . . . and Brihthina, the widow, held in Twiford. Anno 1.
2. Gilbert de Hendon, and Martin de Brainte. Half
a hide of land in Hendon. Anno 1.
3. Roger, son of Pascarius, and Geoffrey Picot. 4
messuages in the vill of Westminster. Anno 1.
4. Roger, son of Pascarius, and Solomon Presbiter. 2
acres of land in the vill of Westminster. Anno 1.
5. John, son of Edward Prepositus, by Alban Clericus,
and Master Ernald Postard'. One messuage in the vill of
Westminster between the land of Gervase Bacheler and the
land which was of Wlmt (?) la Lavendere, mention of
Nicholas, son of the said Ernald. Anno 2.
6. John and Richard, sons of Thorold de Bedfunte,
and Richard de Herierd'. 10 hides of land in Bedfunte.
7. Roger, son of Pascarius, and Roger Capellanus of
Westminster. One messuage in Westminster, for which
Roger Capellanus, quit-claims to Roger, son of Pascarius,
the curtilage in the vill of Westminster which John le
Furner held. Anno 2.
8. Roger, son of Hugh, and Peter, prior of the Holy
Trinity, London. One hide of land in Bramleia. Anno 2.
9. Robert, son of Bernard, and Henry de Bedfunt.
Henry gives to Robert a quarter of 20 acres of land in Stebenei,
in exchange for the capital messuage of Bernard, his father,
with the vivary, and the land called Winheard (?), Estfeld,
Sortland, 4 acres in the field called Sudhdon, the lands called
Rugecroft, and Nieweland, with the pool and field called
Alftonesland, the fields called Petitewurth and Granwurth,
lands called Langefen' and Long Pre (except half-an-acre),
the services of Roger Hurscarl', Robert son of Robert de
Pinkeni, Thomas, son of Alexander, Henry (?) son of Robert,
Richard de Caulestoke, Matilda daughter of Bernard,
Hugh son of Warine, Walter son of Bernard, Edwin
de Haringue, Alice widow of Brunig' and Roger Faierloc'
with their tenements; also 4 acres which Roger Horloc'
held with the messuage. The said Robert retains to his use
of the said quarter of 20 acres of land, the messuage which
was of Edmund, son of Alured, and other land in Edrichesmad', upon Suthdon, and in Longo Prato, Fridaldre, and
Niewland. Anno 2.
10. Robert, son of Turold, and Henry de Bedefunte.
The whole vill (tota villa) of Westbedefunte. The said
Henry and Robert grant the premises to Richard de Herierd',
who gives to the said Henry 50 marks of silver, and to
Robert the moiety of the said vill, with certain exceptions.
11. Ralph de Querendon, and Cristina, his wife, by
Henry de Stoka, and James Blundum. 4½ acres of land
in Edelmeton. Anno 3.
12. Albretha, daughter of Hugh, and Stephen Marescallus, and Alice, his wife. One messuage in the vill of
Westminster. Anno 3.
13. Roger, son of Paskarius, and Nicholas Clericus.
One curtilage in the vill of Westminster. Anno 3.
14. Geoffrey de Forde, and Ailward de Forde. 12
acres of land and one acre of meadow in Edelmeton.
15. John Bocointe, and William Blemund. One carucate
of land in Totenhale. Anno 3.
16. William, son of Alulf', and John de Hulle. 8
acres of land and 3 acres of meadow in Brambeleg'. Anno 4.
17. Ralph de Querendon' and Cristina, his wife, and
the Infirmi of St. Giles's, London. 5 acres of land, and one
messuage, and 1 acre of meadow in Edelmeton. Anno 4.
18. William, son of Reinerus, and Robert de la Forde.
4 acres of land, and 2½ acres of meadow in Edelmeton.
19. William, son of Alulf, and Ida Triket, whom
Robert Burell calls to warrant. 8 acres land and 3 acres
of meadow in Brambeleg'. Anno 4.
20. Henry Clericus, son of Humphry Buconte and
Richard, prior of the church of St. Bartholomew, London,
by Andrew Canonicus. One virgate of land in Heggwere.
21. Robert Mauditt and Paveia de Langeditch and
Thomas, her son. Half an acre of meadow in the vill of
22. Stephen Parmentar' and Henry, son of Reinerus,
Richard Serico (?), and William Carpenter. One curtilage,
and 5 messuages in the parish of St. Clement Danes.
23. Robert, son of Edward, and Robert de Clifford.
18 acres of land in the parish of St. Pancras juxta Purtepol.
Warranty by Robert de Clifford to Richard, son of Gunhild.
24. Luc' de Greneford and Adam de Estgreneford.
Half a virgate of land in Estgreneford, to wit:—6 acres in
the field called Lukemere towards the west and 3 acres
towards the east; and in the field which extends towards
Brainte, 2 acres towards the south, and 4 perches (?); besides
one acre towards the church; and towards the north, one acre;
and in Estfeld 1½ acres towards Horsendun; and in Westfeld,
1½ acres towards the same place. Anno 4.
25. Roger, son of Pascar', and John, son of Edward.
One curtilage, 3 messuages, and 6 acres of land in the vill
of Westminster. Warranty by the same John to Umphry
de Langemere, Martin King, Robert le Marun, Cecilia, widow
of Edward Prepositus, and William Cunarius. Memorandum
as to right of way. Anno 4.
26. Henry, son of Humphry, and Andrew Blundun',
and Lucy, his wife. One virgate of land (described) in
Eggeswer'. Warranty by John, son of Walleramin'.
27. Robert de Lenelande (Leveland?), and Osbert de
Lutleton. One knight's fee in Lutleton with the advowson
of the Church of the same vill. Anno 5.
28. John Bukuionte, and Peter, prior of the Holy
Trinity, London. Half a virgate of land and 5 acres of
meadow in Edelmeton. Anno 5.
29. James, son of Firmin', and Cristina his wife, and
Jordan de Purtepole. 5 acres of land and one messuage in
Hida. Anno 5.
30. Reginald Purcell, and Edith, widow of William
Purcell. One acre of land in Holeburne, next the Old
Temple, without the Bar. Reginald quit-claims all right in
this land to Edith; and she releases to him all her claim, as
dower, in the free tenement which was of William Purcell,
father of the said Reginald. This agreement was made in
the presence of William, son of Stephen, who had a charter
of the said William, of 9 acres of land in Fuleham,
contained in the dower of the said Edith; his right in this,
he quit-claims for himself and his heirs for ever, and
Reginald gives him half a mark of silver. Anno 5.
31. Hugh, son of Ailwin, son of Edward, and Henry,
son of Ailwin. Half a hide of land in Edelmeton.
32. Richard, son of Ernulf, and Robert le Mascun'.
One messuage in Westminster. Anno 5.
33. William de Barra, and Ascelina, his wife, and
Clementia, prioress of Haliwell. 3 acres of garden in
Eldestrate and two messuages in the parish of St. Giles,
near Rosy Cross, without Cripelgate. Warranty by the said
prioress to Richard de Umframville. Anno 5.
34. Gunild', widow of William, and John de Westmonasterio. One messuage in Westminster. Anno 5.
35. Roger de la Dune, and Godfrey, son of Ralph,
and Robert le Simple. 2 parts of 2 hides of land in Coueleg'.
Memorandum that Robert and his heirs warrant Roger and
Godfrey and their heirs against the abbot and convent of
Westminster of the service which that land owes to them;
and that Roger and Godfrey and their heirs ought to warrant
the premises against Walter de Greneford and his heirs, and
that only Robert and his heirs ought to do the services which
pertain to the land of Couele, to the abbot and convent of
Westminster. Anno 5.
36. Roger, son of Alan, and John, son of Geoffrey
Buk. One third of a hide of land and one messuage in
Edelmetone. John acknowledges the premises to be the
right of Roger; in consideration of which, Roger grants to
John the capital messuage which was of William, son of
Fubert, and the great field which extends therefrom to the
highway, the fields called Stonifeld (?) and Chanterelefeld,
the eastern moieties of Palmeresfeld, Wulvesfeld, Wenmaresfeld, Great Rudings, and numerous others; and also the
moiety of the wood called Frith, all in Edelmeton. Boundaries described and owners' names given. Anno 6.
37. John de Coleville, and Alice his wife, and John de
Wika. Half a messuage in Westminster which Alice claimed
as dower of her former husband, William de London. Anno 6.
38. Gilbert, son of Walter, and Richard de Punchard.
One hide of land in Tikeham. Anno 6.
39. John, son of Raenere, and Osgod' de Stanes. One
messuage in Stanes. Anno 6.
40. William Parvus, and William de Herlaue by
Nicholas de Herlaue. 3 acres of land, one acre of
meadow, and 3 messuages in Eya. Anno 7.
41. Peter Fauset, and John le Butiller. One messuage
in Westminster. Anno 7.
42. Hugh Capellanus, and Reinfrid' de Bruera and
and Alina his wife. Half a virgate, and 10 acres of land, in
Herefeld. Recital of Charter:—Reinfrid de Bruera, son of
Roger, and Alina his wife, daughter of Geoffrey, son of
Baldwin, give and grant to Hugh, the chaplain of Geoffrey
Fitz Pierre, Earl of Essex, for his homage and service,
Geldehest (?) with all the assarts, between the burn of
Rislay . . . and the highway from Watford towards
Uxebridge, and from the burn of Ykeham to the same
highway; saving the ways of Gateford and Ykeham, (full
description of premises). Anno 7.
43. William Parvus, and Richard le Haut and Adelina
his wife. 5½ acres of land in Eya. Anno 7.
44. Eustace, son of William, and Alexander Capellanus.
2 messuages and 2 curtilages in the parish of St. Clement
extending from the highway to the Thames in the tenure
of Gilbert Kanne and Robert Turkil' (?). Eustace had
acknowledged the premises to be the right of the said
Alexander, for which acknowledgement Alexander grants the
same to Eustace and his heirs, to hold of Eustace de Faucunberg'. The brethren of the hospital of St. Bartholomew
are chief lords of the fee. Anno 7.
45. Alexander, son of Alexander, and John, son of
Ralph. 2 messuages and 2 acres of land in Westminster.
46. John, son of Ralph le Masoun, and Michael le
Sergant and Gervase Parmentar'. One messuage and 8 acres
of land in Holeborne, Purtepol, and Bradeford. These
are acknowledged to be the right of the said John, who,
in exchange, gives to Michael and Gervase a moiety of the
croft which Gamel held and half an acre of land this side
(citra) Purtepol, towards the south. Anno 8.
47. Henry, son of Peter, and William, son of Pagan.
Half a virgate of land in Lalham which is acknowledged to
be the right of the said William, in return for which, he
gives to the said Henry a moiety of the premises lying in
Langfurland, Middelfurlang, Brocfurlang, Becherferd, Brache,
Shelpe', Bottefurlang, &c. Anno 8.
48. Henry Tubelm', and Alice, prioress of Keleburne,
by brother Osmund, her attorney. One virgate of land in
Estburnham. Henry acknowledges this to be right of the
same prioress and her church of St. John of Kelebirne.
49. Adam de Dierherst and Matilda, his wife, and
Robert Mauduit. One messuage in Westminster. Anno 9.
50. Brand' Cocus and Alice, his wife, and Robert
Molendinarius. One messuage in Westminster. Anno 9.
51. John, son of Ralph, and Ogbert Capellanus.
8 acres of land in Kentisston. Ogbert calls to warrant Simon
le Serjant and they acknowledge the premises to be right of
the said John, who grants to Ogbert 2 acres of the same land
next to Broca towards the south. Anno 9.
52. William Cimentarius and Matilda, his wife, and
John Testard'. One messuage in the vill of Westminster.
Vouchee to warranty, Richard Testard'. Anno 9.
53. Ralph Treipiet, and Thomas le Hare. Half a
virgate of land in Sceperton which Gunnilda, daughter of
Frebert, demanded against the said Ralph. This the said
Ralph gives to the said Thomas in exchange for 10 acres of
land in Erbergefeld which Aluric Labie held. Anno 9.
54. Gunnilda, daughter of Ferebert, by William de
Halgeford, her attorney, and Ralph Treipiet. Half a virgate
of land in Sceperton, whereof the said Ralph calls to warrant
Thomas le Hare. Anno 9.
55. Robert de Norf' and Theofania, his wife, and
Isaac the Jew, son of Joiceus "Episcopus." One messuage
in London which was of Reinard Mercerus in the parish of
St. Olave. Anno 10.
56. Brother Robert, prior of the hospital of Jerusalem
in England, by brother Gilbert, his attorney, and Lecia de
Munteun (?), by Robert, son of Gervase, her attorney. 3
hides of land in Clerkenewell. Lecia acknowledges the
premises to be the right of the said prior and the other
brothers of this said hospital, to hold of her and her heirs
by the annual render of 12d. Saving the land of Gundreda
de Warenn'. To hold from the first feast of St. Michael
after the consecration of Joscelin, Bishop of Bath, for ten
years, according to the fine made between the said Gundreda
and Letia. Mention of Reginald de Mortuo Mari, attorney
by the said Gundreda. Anno 12.
57. Robert, son of Tiel', and Hugh de Clahull, and
Alice his wife, by John Haket, her attorney. Half a virgate
of land in Herrefeld. Anno 14.
58. Dionisia de Greneford, and Reginald de Cornhull,
by Stephen de Boncistien (?), his attorney. Three parts of
half a knight's fee in Greneford, which Dionisia claimed as
dower given to her by her late husband, Luke de Greneford.
59. Adam de Westmonasterio and Matilda, his wife, and
Robert Mauduit. 4s. rent in the vill of Westminster.
60. Peter, prior of the Holy Trinity, London, and
Hasculf Gernet. One hide and a half of land in Brambeleg'
of the fee of the Earl W. de Mandeville. Hasculf acknowledges the premises to be the right of the said prior and his
church, as those which William, son of Guy (Wydonis), greatgrand-father (proavus) of Hasculf, and William, his son, and
Alice, mother [daughter ?] of Galien, mother of the same
Hasculf, gave to the said church. Anno 14.
61. Roger, son of Richard de Camberhirst, and Walter
de Couele. Half a hide of land in Hatton. Anno 14.
62. Henry Bucuinte, and John Walram. The services
and customs exacted by the same Henry from the same
John in respect of one virgate and 7 acres of land, held
by John, of Henry, in Stanmere. Anno 14.
63. Juliana, widow of Robert Simplex, by Simon de
Pinken', her attorney, and Umphry de Scovill (?), and Matilda
his wife, by Richard de Scovill, her attorney. The third part
of 3 parts of 2 hides of land in Couele, of one carucate of land
in Feltham, of 2 virgates of land in Northal, and of 2
virgates of land in Rokeshal. Juliana claims the premises as
her dower, given to her by Robert. Umphry and Matilda
grant to Juliana a portion of the premises for term of her
life, and she remits to them all her claim in the remainder.
64. Adam de Tarent, and Nicholas de Sancto Germano.
6 acres of land in Twikeham. And between the same Adam,
and Richard Postell. Half a virgate of land in the same
vill. And between the same Adam, and Richard Snel. Half
an acre of land in the same vill. Richard Snel calls to
warrant Geoffrey Postell. Anno 16.
65. Adam de Tarent, and Geoffrey Postell. One virgate
of land in Twikeham. Anno 16.