Survey of London: volume 8: Shoreditch
Sir James Bird (editor)
'No. 167, Shoreditch High Street', Survey of London: volume 8: Shoreditch (1922), pp. 188. URL: http://british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=98254 Date accessed: 22 October 2014.
(Min 3 characters)
XLVI.—No. 167 SHOREDITCH HIGH STREET.
Ground landlord, leaseholder, etc.
General description and date of structure.
Condition of Repair.
The freeholder is Mr. J.Bishop, and the occupier is Mr. H. Datzkovsky.
These premises, the site of which in pre-Reformation days was occupied
by the gardens of Holywell Priory, consist of a shop with two storeys over
and an attic, which is lit by a large five-light dormer window to the front.
The roof is tiled. The upper portion of the staircase has moulded close
strings, spiral balusters and square newel posts with moulded pendants;
the whole being characteristic of the end of the 17th century.
Double-click menu [ Cancel ]
- Contact us -
Version 4.0 | November 2013
© 2014 University of London & History of Parliament Trust
Design - Crave Ltd